trauma in the body

There is a funeral for myself in my head. I'm not dead yet but they've brought wreathes and flowers and their prayers. It's too soon but also too late.

My nightmares are my unconscious telling me over and over what I try to suppress, what I don't want to admit. They are clear as day and haunt me in my waking hours.

Trauma is your body being taken over by someone else. They continue to live on there after it's over, making you feel culpable because your body unwillingly took part.

I don't want to be my abuse, I don't want to live it every day.

And I don't want to admit to myself what happened I won't say it aloud in therapy still. We talk around it.

Body memories and flashbacks. I need a kind of exorcism of what took place, expell it from my physical self and my mind. Crosses and holy water, my body laid out, watch my head spin.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on drama

Confessions of a chronic cutter

how I have gotten here